Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This Old House

So we did get our house last month. Friday, Jan 8th to be exact. We didn't realize how much of a fixer this place really was. The house is old - wood paneling, rock walls, 2-prong outlets, carpet everywhere including the bathrooms, small doorways, and the list goes on.

My favorites...lol
The cave that was our entryway...

a master vanity with 20+ square gold and black filigree mirrors...


Some other fun aspects of the house:

Wood paneling









A 40 year old kitchen









and our living room










We planned on doing a little work on the place - knock down a wall, new floors, paint, scrape ceilings. Much more demo happened than one wall. I'll post some pictures of all the demo. The list of renovations grew - new electrical, new kitchen (complete gutting of and reconfiguration), insulating the entire house, new drywall, raising a celing, expanding the master bedroom, knocking down more walls, along with any problems (like leaks from the rain) along the way.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds Fun... :) I love the rock entry... for me that is just like home... My parents have rock walls, did have the gold mirrors and of course wood paneling...good luck in your adventure.

Sunny said...

Wow You guys are ambitious! I hope you married a handyman! How exciting! I can't WAIT to see the AFTER pictures! So excited for you guys! Welcome to the wonderful world of homeownership. Soo fun!