Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Where's the Salt?

Okay, I can't tell you how many times I've heard "You named her Pepper...ha ha...where's the salt?" I've heard it from everyone - from my 9yo nephew to our 70yo neighbor. I guess she'll be getting it all her life, why not from day one too.

We didn't name her after the spice pepper. Although maybe Reed thinks so. I found it funny when he proceeded to tell his friends' mom that HE named her Pepper, and Logan named her Cinnamon. He makes me laugh.



The boys are great with Pepper. Reed LOVES to hold her. When he wakes up, when he comes home from school, before he goes to bed, it's always..."Can I hold Pepper, PLEASE?!" Wade loves hugging her by laying his head on her body. It's very sweet, but his head looks so huge next to her little body. Logan has yet to hold her. He was all for holding her until she started crying for Reed when we brought her home. Ever since, he does NOT want to hold her. But he says he loves her and, in a little voice, "she's so cute Mom."

5 comments:

Diana said...

where's the salt? nice. i didn't even think of that when i read her name. she's adorable and yes, i guess the jury is still out on her looks. in two of the pics she looks exactly like your boys (but feminine, of course) but in one of them not at all. i hope everything is going well. give her kisses from me.

Jen said...

Super Cute!!!

Becca said...

She's adorable!! Congrats! She looks like a Barlow. Can't wait to meet her!

Sunny said...

She is adorable! So what IS the story behind the name? I like the name pepper. I can see her having some spunk and spice! I think she looks like Michael. She's so sweet! Only 24 more days for me!

Brianne Christopher said...

she's beautiful. congratulations! I'm happy you guys finally have a girl. : )