Wade, who is 22 months, loves his baby Pepper. He can't say much, and what he does say, it's hard for anyone to understand, but from the first day he met her he could say "baby Pepper." For the most part he leaves her alone, unless he's sad and I'm holding her, then he wants to give her a hug. I call it his "baby therapy." His hugs consist of laying his head, which looks gigantic next to Pepper, on her.
One day he didn't leave her alone. She was in her car seat, asleep, with the blanket covering her. I couldn't figure out why she started crying until I took off the blanket and saw what Wade did to her...

It made me laugh. It reminded me of a book I once read talking about as mom we have two choices in reaction to our kids' mishaps. "You can cry [or yell] about it or you can take a picture."
Normally this is my Wade - a busy, sweet, happy boy, all smiles and dimples...

No comments:
Post a Comment