Monday, February 22, 2010

House update...

The house is coming along...slowly, but it's moving in the right direction. I'm going to try to update our blog with the changes as they come. I wish I had done so with the demolition so show how torn up the house was for a while. Here's a picture to give you an idea...

Here's some of the progress...

Entryway before and after...



















Master vanity completely taken out and made our room a couple feet bigger...












No more paneling...Yay for insulation!












What kitchen?



















The kitchen and den minus all the walls...


















The house is still a work in progress, but it is coming together thanks to Mike's late nights and family and friends who are so kind to help. It doesn't look like the same place. It will continue to look better and better. We are very excited. We'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Diana said...

MY OH MY! You don't have a kitchen! :) I hope you guys are hanging in there. Our simplest of renovations/painting projects have tested our marriage and we didn't have a brand new baby! Hang in there, it'll be beautiful. (I say that humorously--just saying it can be a long tough road but it's worth it!)

Becca said...

Wow! It looks like you guys have your work cut out for you; I can't wait to see more pictures of your progress!

Sara said...

I feel your pain!! We gutted our kitchen when Grayson was 2 weeks old and it was more stressful than I care to say. I can't imagine having the whole house torn apart. It will be worth it! Can't wait to come visit.

Sunny said...

WOW! I am SOOOO impressed with your ambition and determination! We're still working on someone ELSE to put in our central air. We have a goal to take out a rock island in the front yard this year. We need some of what you have! So exciting!!!