Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mike's creation

I'm really impressed with all that Mike's done with the house (with the help of family). But the one thing that I'm most impressed with is the countertop he made. Everyone was a bit skeptical of these concrete countertops. I don't think anyone but Mike thought they were going to work, including me. Mike's never worked with concrete or anything like this. Needless to say this was either hit or miss. But they do look great! Everything turned out great - the color, the stones, and most important - they fit!













I think they were worth the absolute mess left in the garage from sanding, staining, polishing, etc. Great job Mike!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, Julie, it's beautiful! I love it. Beautiful cabinets, beautiful counters, beautiful kitchen. Congratulations and enjoy being in your new home!!!

Diana said...

Beautiful! Do you think he'd come help Marc in a few years when we find the time and money to re-do our kitchen?

Kady said...

It looks amazing! He deserves some serious credit for all the crap he took before they were done. Everyone was skeptical, but he made it happen. It all looks great. You guys have done a great job!

Mandy said...

Wow, I bow down to Michael. That is so impressive. I am so excited for you and your beautiful kitchen.

jackie e said...

I've always wondered about those kinds of counters but they look great. Your kitchen looks amazing. I like the white cabinets!